To facilitate research, development, collaborations and technology commercialization in North and parts of central region of India, BIRAC under National Biopharma Mission has roped in FITT, IIT-Delhi. Towards this, FITT has established an Innovation Technology Transfer Office (i-TTO) which will provide requisite services to incubation centers, innovators, entrepreneurs, start-ups, industries and academia.
Vision of Innovation Technology Transfer Office (i-TTO)-“Strengthen the Innovation and Technology Commercialization ecosystem in the country.”
Mission Statement of i-TTO:
- To support and promote the technology transfer ecosystem in India.
- To enhance academia-industry collaboration.
- To protect and manage the Intellectual Property Rights resulting from R &D efforts.
- To create mechanisms for commercialization of IP through different modes.
Services offered by i-TTO:
- Developing linkages with R&D organizations, incubators, industries and others.
- Outreach towards technology transfer partnerships.
- Provide assistance for acquisition and adaptation of technologies.
- Conducting IP awareness and technology transfer capacity building and skill training programme.
- Mentoring Start-ups/ innovators/ entrepreneur’s/ innovation set-ups to provide them with the required support for IP protection and technology commercialization.
- R&D projects among Industry, start-ups and academic institutions.